There are so many other business lessons I think can be learned from Dolly Parton. Whether you love her or hate her you can’t deny that she has had great success and endured in a business where so many disappear.
I made notes of other great lessons I picked up while reading Dolly Parton’s biography and I thought I’d share the rest of them in this conclusion:
- Never regret the bad times because they can teach you the greatest lessons and inspire some of your most important achievements - “Storms make trees take deeper roots.”
- Handle each little problem as it comes along. Don’t stress over potential future problems but don’t let the little things build up until there’s one momentous problem either. Don’t be afraid of problems, just know that you’ll deal with the when they crop up.
- Change is good – don’t fight it
- Never be afraid to work with the best of the best – they will make you better
- Find the laughter in everything
And a couple of quotes that I feel are related to each other that I hope will inspire you:
“If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one”
“You’ll never do a whole lot unless you’re brave enough to try”